Over Christmas Break 2013-2014, the library changed Discovery systems. Discover allows you to search across most of our databases and for books in the library.
- EBSCO‘s familiar interface (i.e., Academic Search Premier or Business Source Elite)
- Easy off-campus access to full text with the FindIt!@SJU button
- Better and more relevant search results
- Improved MLA formatted citations
- Topic exploration and Interdisciplinary research
- Easy article location (even without a full citation)
Two other prominent interdisciplinary resources were also updated over Break.
For more information and video tutorials:
January 2014 A monthly offering from Drexel Library’s staff about the books we’ve read.
Colum McCann’s latest novel, TransAtlantic is an homage to the deep ties between Ireland and America over time and space. He recounts three crossings; aviators Alcock and Brown flying across the ocean in 1919, Frederick Douglass traveling to Ireland to raise money for the abolitionist movement in 1863, and George Mitchell’s diplomatic trip in 1998 to mediate a peace accord in Northern Ireland. McCann connects these events through the life and legacy of Lily Duggan, a young Irish servant who is empowered to travel to America to a better life for her children. A beautifully poetic novel.
This book can be found on the First Floor of the Library in the Popular Reading section.