Merion Matters is the company behind the popular ADVANCE brand, a leader in the healthcare industry for almost 30 years. We’re committed to serving the informational and career needs of millions of doctors, nurses and allied healthcare professionals through a wide range of products and services including magazines, websites, a retail shop, events, custom promotions and communications, hospital shows, conferences and partnerships. We offer corporate clients the opportunity to connect with and influence the healthcare market with effective, targeted and customized media, marketing and merchandise solutions. Join our award-winning team and touch the lives of millions of healthcare professionals. Visit us online at www.advanceweb.com.
We are seeking an Editorial Assistant to assist ADVANCE for Physical Therapy & Rehab Medicine and ADVANCE for Occupational Therapy Practitioners, serving our well-known publication and its supporting Web sites http://physical-therapy.advanceweb.com & http://occupational-therapy.advanceweb.com. ADVANCE for Physical Therapy & Rehab Medicine & ADVANCE for Occupational Therapy Practitioners provides timely, topical, balanced articles to connect rehab professionals with the latest issues surrounding the field.
- Create and manage the entire site’s content, including: features, online columns, national news, blogs, resource centers, multimedia, etc.
- Update top story/graphics and develop related content links weekly
- Coordinate with editors to plan site content and generate story ideas with the objective of increasing advertiser appeal
- Develop a thorough web content schedule each month and communicate this with editorial and sales teams
- Coordinate graphics for top articles and communicate with art department on the supply of these materials
- Update site according to deadlines
- Update and manage Social Media pages such as Facebook and Twitter
- Research and write, or acquisition, original news and feature articles and manage the process ensuring receipt of both materials and payment
- Perform first edits of acquired web and/or print articles
- Create Web table of contents to appear in print publications
- Proof site when ready to go live
- Write electronic newsletters to promote site
- Write articles for print magazine as needed
- Coordinate news section for print magazine
- Attend monthly art/cover meetings and present ideas for photos, illustrations and graphics
- Assist editor in the proofing of designed print articles and the production deadline process of the magazine
- Attend annual conferences and provide conference “wrap-up” features after returning
- Coordinate special projects as needed, including digital editions, surveys, patient handouts, conference calendars, etc.
- 1-2 years of newspaper writing, magazine or trade publication experience. Entry level candidates with internship experience will be considered
- Web content management experience a plus
- Ability to forecast and manage business-related issues pertaining to the publication
- Ability to collaborate with in-house sales and production staff
Please send resume along with 3 published samples to email@example.com
Web and multimedia samples are strongly preferred.