There are two ways a student can join AFROTC at Det 750. First, if you are a current high school student, you can apply for an AFROTC scholarship via afrotc.com/scholarships. The application will be completed online, except for an in-person interview with an officer from the detachment that is geographically closest to your home. Applicants must have a minimum of an 1100 SAT or 24 ACT score and a cumulative 3.0 high school GPA (freshmen through junior years) to be eligible. The application process is open from May 1 – December 1 during the student’s senior year.
The second path to join ROTC is for those who are not applying for a scholarship. No formal application exists for students who are not applying for a scholarship. In order to join, all you have to do is contact the Recruiting Flight Commander to get signed up.
All cadets must provide the following documents to enroll in ROTC:
- Original and copy of Birth Certificate (original will be returned)
- Original and copy of signed Social Security Card (original will be returned)
- Original and copy of official supporting documentation proving that you were in and/or received awards from Junior ROTC, Eagle Scouts, and/or Civil Air Patrol
- ACT or SAT score sheet
- Copy of your high school diploma
- Proof of Selective Service Enrollment (males only; www.sss.gov)
- Certificate of naturalization (naturalized citizens only)
- Copies of any college/university transcripts if applicable (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
- Sports Physical