There are two ways a student can join AFROTC at Det 750. First, if you are a current high school student, you can apply for an AFROTC scholarship via afrotc.com/scholarships. The application will be completed online, except for an in-person interview with an officer from the detachment that is geographically closest to your home. Applicants must have a minimum of an 1180 SAT or 26 ACT score and a cumulative 3.0 high school GPA (freshmen through junior years) to be eligible. The scholarship application process is open from May 1 – December 1 during the student’s senior year of high school.
The second path to join ROTC is for those who are not applying for a scholarship. No formal application exists for students who are not applying for a scholarship. In order to join, all you have to do is contact the Recruiting Flight Commander (firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-660-3190) to get signed up.
- Are you Air Force material? Click here to find out.
- Be a United States Citizen before contracting (need documentation to prove your citizenship)
- Contracted cadets also cannot be a dual citizen with any other nation. Foreign citizenship must be renounced before contracting*
- Be a full-time student at the host or a crosstown university
- Be 18 years of age or 14-17 with parent or legal guardian consent
- Be physically qualified
- Must meet the maximum and minimum weight requirements
- Pass a physical fitness test at least by your second semester in AFROTC
- Have a qualified medical physical
- Be of good moral character
- Be in good academic standing
- Must have at least a 2.0 college GPA to join the program (for those already in college)
- Pilots/Combat Systems Officers/Air Battle Managers/Remotely Piloted Aircraft Pilots must commission before 29th birthday
- All other career fields must commission before 30th birthday
Check out the New Student Orientation Program page for more information on what you need to enroll!