There are two ways a student can join AFROTC at Det 750. First, if you are a current high school student, you can apply for an AFROTC scholarship via afrotc.com/scholarships. The application will be completed online, except for an in-person interview with an officer from the detachment that is geographically closest to your home. Applicants must have a minimum of an 1180 SAT or 26 ACT score and a cumulative 3.0 high school GPA (freshmen through junior years) to be eligible. The scholarship application process is open from 1 May 2021 – 15 January 2022 during the student’s senior year of high school.
The second path to join ROTC is for those who are not applying for a scholarship. No formal application exists for students who are not applying for a scholarship. In order to join, all you have to do is contact the Recruiting Flight Commander (ROTC@sju.edu or 610-660-3190) to get signed up.
Enrollment closes four weeks after the first class on 24 August 2021.
*Drexel University and Bryn Athen College students (trimester/quarter system): last day to enroll is two weeks after your fall semester begins. While Drexel and Bryn Athen students are not required to attend AFROTC classes, completion of all assignments is required.
- Are you Air Force material? Click here to find out.
- Be a United States Citizen before contracting (need documentation to prove your citizenship)
- Contracted cadets also cannot be a dual citizen with any other nation. Foreign citizenship must be renounced before contracting*
- Be a full-time student at the host or a crosstown university
- Be 18 years of age or 14-17 with parent or legal guardian consent
- Be physically qualified
- Must meet the maximum and minimum weight requirements
- Pass a physical fitness test at least by your second semester in AFROTC
- Have a qualified medical physical
- Be of good moral character
- Be in good academic standing
- Must have at least a 2.0 college GPA to join the program (for those already in college)
- Pilots/Combat Systems Officers/Air Battle Managers/Remotely Piloted Aircraft Pilots must commission before 29th birthday
- All other career fields must commission before 30th birthday
Check out the New Student Orientation Program page for more information on what you need to enroll!