After completing the General Military Course (GMC), students must compete for the Professional Officer Course (POC). This system uses factors such as grade point average, unit commander evaluation, and aptitude test scores, to determine if a candidate has officer potential. After selection, before entering the POC, you must successfully complete Field Training. Once enrolled in POC, you’ll continue to attend classes and participate in Leadership Laboratory.
The Professional Officer Course is offered to juniors and seniors.
To qualify for entry into the Professional Officer’s Course (POC), you must:
- Pass a physical fitness test
- Pass a medical examination
- Be in good academic standing
- Complete a summer Field Training course
- Meet commissioning age requirements