From undergrads to alumni, the success stories are endless.

Tyler Whitten is standing in the Haub Business School lobby. He is wearing a pale blue shirt and striped tie.

Tyler Whitten '17

Major:

Business Intelligence and Analytics

Minor:

Sports Marketing

Co-Op, I got a job!

Position:

Account Manager

Company/Organization:

Dapresy

Briefly describe your role and how you landed the opportunity?

"I manage accounts at Dapresy, a market research organization, ranging from small market research firms to large global enterprises. I got connected to this opportunity through networking.  My dad knew my now manager from refereeing basketball together, so he connected me with her to discuss how my Business Intelligence and Analytics major and Sports Marketing minor might be a good fit for the organization. From there I sent my resume and we scheduled an interview for when I was home over spring break. A couple days after my interview I got a call from them with an offer!"

How did your SJU education impact your professional goals?

"My SJU education provided me with the knowledge I need for my position with detailed curriculum, extremely dedicated and personal professors, and the Cooperative Education Program."

Did you participate in any experiential learning activities while at SJU?

"I participated in the co-op program at SJU. The experience that I gained from this program has been essential in my professional development. The resume building sessions, interview advice and practice, and networking opportunities provided by Todd Krug, Director, and the co-op staff gave me a great amount of confidence in my professional skills to find a desirable position upon graduation. I made many professional connections through the co-op program. The summer classes provided a great opportunity to learn with other driven students while forging great friendships. Additionally, I still keep in touch with some of the people I worked with at Willis Towers Watson and Aramark. These are professional relationships that have served as great references for me and on whom I can rely for career advice. The value I gained from working at Willis Towers Watson and Aramark gave me insight into how life is as an employee. I learned how to balance my professional life with my on-campus activities and personal life. These experiences helped me understand what I should look for in a position once I graduated, how to manage employees and professional relationships, and how to effectively communicate in a business. I would recommend the co-op program because it opens many doors and gives you access to professional contacts and opportunities that other students may not have. This program will assist you and teach you how to write an effective resume and properly prepare for an interview. Lastly, Todd is someone who you can always reach out to for help and advice, he will be your biggest advocate throughout entire process.