From undergrads to alumni, the success stories are endless.

Giana Alongi is smiling in front of a brown room. She is wearing a dark top and gold necklaces.

Giana Alongi '15, '19 (MBA)

Major(s):

Business Intelligence and Analytics, Finance

Grad Degree:

MBA - Business Intelligence & Analytics Concentration

School:

Career Advancement, Graduate/Professional School

Position:

Senior Consultant, Technology

Company/Organization:

Comcast

Briefly describe your new role.

"I recently started a new role at Comcast, where I am working in their CAAT (Comcast Assurance and Advisory Team) Department. Within CAAT, I work with a team to conduct audit engagements in the technology space in various business units within Comcast Corporate, Comcast Cable, and NBCUniversal. These engagements help the business units to improve the effectiveness of their business, technology processes, and internal controls."

How did you first get connected with Comcast?

"A recruiter from Comcast reached out to me on LinkedIn! Networking is one of the most prominent (yet simple) tools I gained at SJU - employers are always seeking candidates and LinkedIn is a great place for them to make an introduction!"

How did your SJU education impact your professional goals?

"As an undergraduate student at Saint Joseph’s University, I was continuously impacted by the profound involvement and passionate commitment of the alumni to the University. Whether it was a fellow Hawk’s presence at a networking event, additional consideration during a job interview, or merely just a “THWND” and fist pump gesture, these acts never went unnoticed. Now an alumna of the university myself, ever indebted to St. Joe’s, I am passionate about advancing my career so that I can not only give back to the current student body, but also the broader community around me."

Did you participate in any experiential learning activities while at SJU?

"While on campus, I was President of the Business Intelligence & Technology Society (BITS), Vice President of Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority, a member of Alpha Iota Delta, and sat on the Business Leadership Council."

What graduate degree are you currently pursuing?

"I am currently back on Hawk Hill (YAY!) pursuing an MBA with a concentration in Business Intelligence and Analytics! By continuing my education, I feel that I will gain an in-depth understanding of the highly demanded and innovative realm of Big Data, while advancing my skills in analytics, ethical decision-making, effective communication, and leadership."