From undergrads to alumni, the success stories are endless.

Caitlyn Sottile is smiling in front of a tree-lined background. She has very wavy hair, and is wearing a dark top.

Caitlyn Sottile '18

Major:

Communication Studies

Minors:

Art, English

Internship

Position:

Creative Services Intern

Company/Organization:

WPVI-6ABC

Briefly describe your internship and your day-to-day schedule.

"As the Creative Services Intern, I aided in creating content for social media channels including Facebook and Instagram snackables, or short, easily consumed content. I also wrote a daily topical, which are the daily news show briefs teasing the audience about upcoming stories to encourage them to tune in. It was a very independent internship. If you did not have an assigned task you had to come up with your own ideas for social snackables. At 2PM we would start gathering stories and prepping for the 3PM topical teasing the 4PM show."

How did you land your internship?

"I found the internship job posting on the website and applied. I then interviewed and received an offer."

What skills do you use on a daily basis in this role?

"I used video-editing with Final Cut Pro and other editing programs. I also utilized my writing skills."

How did your SJU education prepare you for this opportunity?

"I've taken many Journalism classes to fulfill my English minor. I also am a communication studies major focusing on digital media with an additional art minor, specifically in graphic design, and I used those principles in this internship."

What is some advice you would offer to SJU students searching for an internship or job?

"Go to every interview you get no matter what - it is great experience and will get you awesome contacts. Complete as many internships as possible - I have done four to identify what I am good at and what I love."