All Saint Joseph’s University constituents are issued a Saint Joseph’s University photo identification card in order to permit building access to the libraries.
A photo identification card may be obtained in Campion Room 229.
Saint Joseph’s University constituents without a current SJU identification card may be denied admission to campus libraries. If their card has been lost or stolen, they will be expected replace their card before they return to campus libraries.
Alumni of Saint Joseph’s University are welcome to use SJU’s Library Catalog (limit search results to "Available in Library" and borrow books from campus libraries with a valid alumni card. This card may be requested at either Library Service Desk. Use of databases and general Internet access is restricted to current students, faculty, and staff members with valid network accounts and passwords. Suggestions for alternative access to electronics resources are available in our Resources for Alumni Research Guide.
Saint Joseph’s University alumni will be granted access to the building and may obtain a Library card in order to borrow books. This card is obtained at either Library Service Desk. (See Policy on Alumni, above)
All adult visitors must show a valid photo ID to enter.
Visitors must wear a dated Visitor badge that is visible at all times.
You may LEAVE & RE-ENTER only if your badge is visible.
If you do not have your badge, you will be asked to present your ID to be signed into our system again. NO EXCEPTIONS.
All minors must be accompanied by an adult to enter campus libraries. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Visitors may not reserve study rooms.
Visitors are defined as persons who do not have a currently valid SJU ID.
Monday -- Thursday: 8am-10pm
Saturday -- Sunday: 12pm-6pm
Exceptions to these hours may occur during holidays, summer hours, or finals periods.
Use of Library computers, online databases and the SJU wifi network is restricted to members of the Saint Joseph's University community--currently registered students, faculty, and staff. Visitors may use the Guest wifi network. Visitors interested in borrowing books must initiate an interlibrary loan request from their own institution or public library.
To borrow library material, all Saint Joseph’s University faculty, students, and staff must present a valid Saint Joseph’s University identification card. Alumni may obtain a library identification card at either Library Service Desk.
Loan and renewal periods vary for different types of library materials depending upon status.
Please help us keep our collection, computers, and study rooms clean. Covered beverages and snacks are permitted. Meals are only permitted in the Cafe. Dispose of all trash in appropriate containers. Thank you for your help.
Use Policy for Group Study Rooms
- Rooms are for groups of 2 or more students
- Rooms can be reserved for a maximum of 2 hours
- Rooms can be reserved up to two weeks in advance.
- Students cannot set up a standing appointment that meets regularly in the room.
- Students can have up to 3 room reservations per week
- Students may not make back-to-back reservations on the same day for the same room.
- Please dispose of or remove any trash as you leave the room.
- Please return whiteboard markers and erasers to the front desk as well as any special equipment checked out for use in the rooms.
- Visitors may not reserve study rooms.
- The SJU Libraries seek to ensure broad and timely access to academic resources across curricular areas, informed by the university’s strategic goals.
- Liaison Librarians collaboratively build collections based on teaching and learning needs.
- Acquisition considerations include diversity of authorship, opinion, and viewpoint; acceptable licensing terms, accessibility, and use.
- The SJU Libraries participate in cooperative initiatives to reduce costs, improve licensing terms, and encourage use of open educational resources.
- Campus libraries are not currently accepting donations of books or other physical items.
- SJU Libraries welcomes monetary gifts for the purchase of high quality research materials, repair and maintenance of physical collections, and housing and conservation of archival and special collections materials.
- SJU Libraries does not value gifts for tax purposes.
- We recommend BetterWorldBooks for book donations including large collections.
SJU Libraries is committed to protecting the privacy of our patrons. In some areas of this site, you will be asked to provide personal information (name, email address, etc.) that will allow us to perform patron services. Your participation is completely optional. SJU Libraries does not rent, sell or otherwise make available e-mail addresses to anyone outside the University except those necessary parties involved in fulfilling a patron service, such as Interlibrary Loan.
Our website contains links to external sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these external sites. We encourage users who leave our site to be proactive and read the privacy statements of every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the SJU Libraries.
- SJU Libraries supports the Library Bill of Rights and the Freedom to Read Statement of the American Library Association.
- SJU Libraries supports the American Library Association’s view on the Patriot Act and will follow its recommendations. For more information, please see the American Library Association’s statement on the Patriot Act.