We Keep Telling You – Submit, Submit! Here’s Another Opportunity!

GC_Prize_Banner

GC PRIZE DIGEST

Insight and inspiration. #StopRevising. #StartSubmitting.

POETRY | FICTION | NONFICTION

6 days. 6 grand. Here are the tools to give you a leg up on the 2015 Gulf Coast Prizes. Read. Revise. Submit. Subscribe. Click here to view in browser

Poetry, Judged by Carl Phillips

Insight: Carl Phillips Talks Risk

I still think its worth it to have written one’s way towards that space, but I understand the sense of disorientation and sometimes dismay that can result

Inspiration: 2014 Winner Raena Shirali

I left Lover when I found dirt roads—party for another / couple, soirée complete with deer heads lining a fixed-up barn’s walls, / absinthe, strung lights

Fiction, Sarah Shun-Lien Bynum

Insight: Sarah Shun-Lien Bynum on Raising Questions

…but I feel there’s room to raise these questions in smaller ways, like in programming a reading series or putting together a syllabus, or judging book prizes

Inspiration: 2014 Winner Edward McPherson

And so it goes, day after day, night after night, as I rattle these torn and cheapened canvases around the dim and dusty byways of this once great nation

Nonfiction, Maggie Nelson

Insight: Maggie Nelson Post-Reading Interview

The question of where culture begins and individual humans end is very interesting to me, especially as (human) culture is made of human beings.

Inspiration: 2014 Winner Noam Dorr

The drone operator does not see the Predator itself, the predator himself, the Predator is in Afghanistan, the operator in Nevada. We are stars