Director of Marketing and Communications
Beginning: September 10, 2018
St. Peter’s School, an independent, coeducational, non-denominational day school, is seeking to hire a full-time Director of Marketing and Communications. Founded in 1834, St. Peter’s School is located in Center City Philadelphia and serves 200 students from Preschool (age 3) through Eighth Grade.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will manage the internal and external communication for the School. Their primary responsibility will be development and implementation of mission-aligned marketing content that is consistent with the vision of the School. Working as a part of a team, the Director of Marketing and Communications will bring their voice, experience in non-profit and best practices to the role, engaging community members in the ongoing branding of the School.
- Work collaboratively under the direction of the Head of School and with the Administrative Team to forward the mission, vision, and philosophy of St. Peter’s School
- This individual must be a proactive self-starter, a creative problem-solver, a strategic thinker, and an extremely organized, detail-oriented multi-tasker
- The Director of Marketing and Communications reports directly to the Head of School and works closely with the Advancement Director and the Admissions Director
- Coordinating the planning of the School’s annual Auction
- Experience in publications design and production across multiple print, web, and social media channels
- Working with the Advancement Team to strategize and implement the school’s marketing and communication plan
- Collaboration with Head of School, Board, and Administration to develop and implement a comprehensive branding and external messaging initiative to articulate the School’s mission and program to the broader community
- Keeping the school’s brand image at the forefront of all communications and marketing efforts
- The design, production, and distribution of various print and digital marketing materials
- The design, implementation, and on-going refreshment of the school’s social media outreach and website
- Parents’ Association outreach and engagement
- Alumni outreach and engagement
- Weekly coordination of the School’s digital Newsletter
- Communication management and regular reporting to the Head of School
- A bachelor’s degree and five years of independent school or non-profit communication experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Experience in or knowledge of the culture of independent schools, especially a (PS, PK, or) K through Eighth Grade school.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and networking skills.
- Experience managing social media in a professional setting.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Publications experience is a plus.
- Ability to work evenings and occasional weekends as needed.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to:
Kate Seltzer, Assistant Head of School email@example.com
St. Peter’s School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic background, age, disability, or military service in its hiring, employment or other programs and activities.