Emily Czerniakowski (’08) Gives Us an Update

Emily, an alum of our esteemed Writing Studies program, was gracious enough to provide an update on what she’s been doing since graduation.

EmilyElizabeth

Great to see all the exciting stuff coming from the SJU Writing Studies program. Just by way of update from my world since I last emailed in February of 2014:
I’ve enjoyed building a career in children’s media and entertainment – as a co-founder of nationally recognized youth dance company CaRu Entertainment, as a host for Radio Disney Philadelphia and as a host for Wilhelmina Philadelphia’s Philly Kids Got Talent. When I received the exciting news in August 2014 that I was going to have a little one of my own, I started Modern Mommie – a lifestyle blog geared toward non-traditional families. It has received upwards of 400 page views a week and has been retweeted by published authors, a major cosmetics brand and media outlets like WHYY. One of my posts was also featured in The Blended Family Digest. It is a project that I still consider in its early stages so I look forward to continuing to grow its content and its reach.
My career has seen quite a few twists and turns, but I am excited that this latest venture has brought me back to what I love to do most, to write.

Congratulations on your continued success, Emily.  Thanks for keeping in touch!