Cascade is one of the content management systems used at Saint Joseph’s University. Users have access to this system to create and manage in-depth information about departments and offices at the University. This is the first of a series of how-to articles that will assist users of the Cascade system in creating and managing their content.
Upload an Image into Cascade
Before you can use an image in your webpage, you must upload it to the Cascade system. Before we get started, make sure that the image is on your computer. If you have the image in a word document, in your email, or on a website, you must download the image to your computer. Remember where you have saved the image.
Log in to Cascade (http://www.sju.edu/webedit).
Creating a folder named “images”:
- Click on the main folder of your website.
- Select New > Folder
- In the System Name field name the folder “images”.
- Do not change the Parent Folder field.
- Do not change the Metadata Set field.
- Leave the Publish box checked. We want to publish this folder so that it and files within it can be seen outside of the system.
- Uncheck the Index – Include when indexing box. We do not want to include this in the menu index on the website.
Upload Your Image
- Choose the folder you would like to upload your image to. You can use the images folder in your website to help keep files organized.
- Select New / File
- Leave the System Name field blank.
- Leave the Parent Folder field as-is.
- Leave the File Contents field blank.
- Under the Data section, select Browse or Choose File to locate the image to upload.
- Locate the image on your computer.
- Click on the Submit button.
- Your image is now uploaded to Cascade.