MISSION: The Wellness Educators are a diverse group of student leaders, trained through the Wellness, Alcohol & Drug Education (WADE) program and inspired by the Jesuit ideal of cura personalis (care of the whole person).  Wellness Educators empower others to make positive decisions in order to live healthy lifestyles, by providing a judgment-free environment through collaborative wellness-based educational initiatives to create an informed community.

Wellness Educators at the Fall 2017 Training
picture of student

Griffin Henry

2018-2019 Co-President

• Member since: Fall 2016
  • Chemical Biology Major
  • Class of 2019
  • From Reading, PA

"I have personal connections to people who suffer from addiction and substance use disorder and I want to spread awareness about it and the consequences it can cause."

Fun Fact: I love geography!

alex pannone pic

Alex Pannone

2018-2019 Co-President

• Member since: Fall 2016
  • IHS major , psychology and healthcare ethics minors
  • Class of 2019
  • From Staten Island, NY

"I joined the Wellness Educators because I wholeheartedly believe in cura personalis; working with this group allows me to continue studying and working with the mental health issues that I am passionate about by means of also working to improve the overall well-being of my peers."

Fun Fact:  I have recently received several hugs from some pretty cool elephants.

Aleena Bobadilla
Food Marketing, Class of 2019          
Position in the Group and Member since – Secretary; Member since August 2016 
Hometown – Metuchen, NJ
"I want to help my peers in any way  I can. There’s nothing better than knowing that I can help fellow Hawks gain overall wellness that can possibly change their lives for the better."
Fun Fact - Anyone who loves chocolates will automatically be my best friend.

Aleena Bobabilla

2017-2018 Secretary

• Member since: Fall 2016
  • Food Marketing Major
  • Class of 2019
  • From Metuchen, NJ

"I want to help my peers in any way  I can. There’s nothing better than knowing that I can help fellow Hawks gain overall wellness that can possibly change their lives for the better."

Fun Fact: Anyone who loves chocolates will automatically be my best friend.  Also, check out my Blog: My Inner Complexities 

paula

Paula Borlando

• Member since: Fall 2017
  • Actuarial Science Major; minors in Risk Management and Insurance, Finance and Mathmatics
  • Class of 2019
  • From Lansdale, PA

"I joined Wellness Educators because wellness should be promoted in every aspect, especially to college students. Throughout these hectic four years, we sometimes forget to manage our health well whether it be mental, physical, or social, so I feel it is important that students be reminded to take care of all these issues."

Fun Fact: I speak fluent Spanish!

kelsey mccartney photo for web

Kelsey McCartney

• Member since: Fall 2017
  • Psychology Major
  • Class of 2021
  • From Long Island, NY

"I want to help my peers in any possible way and I felt this club would be a great place to help make SJU the best it can possibly be."

Fun Fact: I can say the alphabet backwards

claire gill pic for website

Claire Gill

• Member since: Fall 2017
  • Political Science Major
  • Class of 2019
  • From Northeast Philadelphia

"I joined the Wellness Educators because I wanted to influence the way students balance their college life, as well as embrace an opportunity for personal growth."

Fun Fact: I only eat red and yellow sour patch kids.

Michael Szewczak

• Member since: Fall 2017
  • International Relations Major
  • Class of 2021
  • From Hatfield, PA

"I joined the Wellness Educators to not only raise awareness of what drugs and alcohol can do to students on campus but also what it can lead to after we graduate.  If students recognize this they can better help their friends who need them on those issues and in turn lead a healthier lifestyle."

Fun Fact: 

Elizabeth Kennedy

• Member since: Fall 2017
  • Middle Grades 4-8 Education, English minor
  • Class of 2021
  • From Woolwich, NJ

"I joined the Wellness Educators because of my passion to educate others and continue learning myself."

Fun Fact:  Cat in the Hat (Michael Myers) is my favorite movie!