The Conversation Continues….
Join us for one of the following small group sessions even if you did not attend the Alcohol Summit. We will discuss the specific statistics shared at the Summit on the topic and then discuss together – Where do we go from here?
- HSB vs CAS Drinking Rates:
Thursday, March 31 from 11am-12pm (free period) in Banquet Hall North, Campion
- Why are HSB students riskier in their alcohol consumption and see more negative outcomes from drinking? What can we do to help mitigate this risk for HSB students?
- Freshmen: Pre-gaming & Social Anxiety:
Tuesday, April 5th from 11am-12pm (free period) in Sunroom 2, Campion
- Social anxiety is related to 6 out of the top 10 reasons students pre-game and almost half of SJU freshmen report pre-gaming often in their first semester. What can we do to reduce social anxiety among students in order to prevent pre-gaming and high risk drinking?
- Alcohol & Sexual Assault:
Wednesday, April 13th from 3:30pm – 4:30pm in Sunroom 2, Campion
- With such high levels of blacking out reported across campus and such low levels of sexual assault reported, what can we do to change the culture? How can we help prevent blacking out from alcohol, help prevent sexual assaults, and support those who are assaulted?
- Addiction and Recovery on Campus:
Wednesday, April 20th from 3:30pm – 4:30pm in Sunroom 2, Campion
- During the Alcohol Summit, we heard from a student in recovery recalling his experiences at SJU both while in active addiction and while in recovery. What resources are we providing to help students who show signs of addiction? How are we supporting those in recovery?