The Wellness, Alcohol & Drug Education (WADE) Program advocates for a campus community that supports and empowers students to make healthy lifestyles choices thus fostering academic success and a safer and healthier campus community. Through peer education and collaboration with campus and community organizations, WADE provides outreach and support to empower students to make informed and responsible decisions throughout their lives.
Required Online Wellness Courses
At SJU, we believe in the importance of creating a safe and healthy environment for all members of our community. To that end, we invite all new SJU students to complete three on-line course modules on important topics, including alcohol, other drugs, and the prevention of sexual misconduct.
Completion of these EVERFI courses is required for all new SJU students. Failure to complete all three required courses will result in a hold on your student account.
Course information is emailed to each new first year and transfer student prior to the start of their first semester.
The Wellness, Alcohol & Drug Education (WADE) Program provides the following services for the campus community:
- Resources and referrals for the entire campus community on wellness, alcohol and other drug issues including support for those in recovery
- Campus wide events and prevention programs including annual awareness weeks which are full of educational activities focused on a variety of wellness topics and often done in collaboration with Peer Educators or other students groups, SJU departments and community resources
- Individual brief assessments around alcohol and drug use; to make an appointment with WADE for a brief assessment, email email@example.com
- Group educational classes focused on low to no-risk choices around alcohol and other drug; Sign up today for Community Living or IMPACT
- Connections to events occurring on and off campus that are fun and free: Join the Weekender Listserv
- Trainings and workshops for student groups about wellness, alcohol other drugs issues including violence: Request a Workshop
- Resources for Faculty including classroom support and guest lecturer options for topics related to wellness, alcohol and other drug issues including violence
- Resources for Parents including facts and tips on how to talk to your student about alcohol, drugs and healthy relationships.
- Educational awareness campaigns such as the iCARE Campaign which is about how to help a friend in need
- Continual evaluation of best practices in the field to ensure we are providing top notch services to our students. Review our Drug Free Schools & Community Act 2016-2018 Biennial Review