It is the responsibility of the Public Safety and Security Department supervisor to provide access and egress for persons with disabilities during emergencies and when the elevator system is under repair. Emergency and evacuation procedures for students with disabilities are addressed in Operational Directive #34. The plan ensures that there will be no disruption in the educational process and classes will be immediately relocated to an accessible site.
At the beginning of each semester, a list of students with physical disabilities is provided to the Public Safety and Security Department to ensure proper evacuation of those students needing assistance.
Student Medical Emergency Response
- Faculty, Staff, Others – Contact Public Safety immediately at extension 1111.
- Public Safety will contact the Student Health Center during regular office hours for consultation.
- If the Student Health Center is not open, Public Safety will call 911 and either Philadelphia Fire Rescue or Narberth Ambulance will transport the student to the nearest hospital for treatment. The student, in some cases, may exercise their right to refuse to be taken to the hospital.
- Public Safety will notify the Vice President for Student Life (or designee)
- The University requires prior written consent of the student to notify parents. However, if the condition of the student is determined to pose a threat to the health or safety of the student or others parents will be notified of the action taken, including, but not limited to, the condition of the student and the fact of transport to the nearest hospital.
- Parents will be notified by the Vice President for Student Life or the appointed designee (Director of Public Safety, Director of Student Health, Director of Residence Life)
Approved by the Vice President for Student Life
Revised Fall Semester, 2012