Get Involved

Become A Giving Day Ambassador!

Giving Day Ambassadors help spread the word about our challenges and goals on March 19.

For starters, you’ll want to make a gift of your own.

Then download the creative assets below to update your social media and send out emails to your own networks, sharing your involvement with #StJoesGives.

Social Media Graphics

Use these graphics to spruce up your Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter accounts and show off your Hawk pride. Be sure to tag us with #StJoesGives.

Suggested Messages

• Please use some of the text templates below to help spread the word - please personalize and include your personal URL if you received one
  • Keep posts going viral by commenting on other alumni who are posting like you and resharing SJU page posts
  • Use the Logos for each channel
  • Take and post a Selfie to share your Saint Joseph’s Day spirit using “#StJoesGives” to appear on the website

Let’s Go St. Joe’s!!! It’s #SaintJosephsDay SJU’s Day of Giving and to pay it forward for today’s Hawks, I’m making Hawk Hill possible for students both today and students to come by supporting the Saint Joseph’s Fund! Get Ready, Get Set, & Give today! See ways YOU can make a difference and have your gift DOUBLED! #StJoesGives sjday.sju.edu (use personal URL if applicable)

Because of SJU, I am the person you know today. I’m sure you had similar experiences. That's why I’m giving back to my alma mater this #SaintJosephsDay SJU’s Day of Giving – I want to offer another Hawk the same opportunities that I had. Join me in making a difference - give your class year to celebrate #StJoesGives sjday.sju.edu (use personal URL if applicable)

I gave for #SaintJosephsDay - SJU’s Day of Giving today because __________ - Get Ready.Set.&.Give. Make your gift and comment back why YOU gave #StJoesGives sjday.sju.edu (use personal URL if applicable)

I’m a part of @saintjosephs Day of Giving because I believe in the power of an SJU education. Join me and make an impact on current and future Hawks! #StJoesGives

Hawks support Hawks. This #SaintJosephsDay SJU’s Day of Giving, I made a gift to @saintjosephs to support __________. Won’t you join me? #StJoesGives

Show your Hawk pride this #SaintJosephsDay SJU’s Day of Giving by making a gift in support of _________ at @saintjosephs! Every gift counts, no matter the size. #StJoesGives

Ready.Set.&.Give. It's the best way to mark #SaintJosephsDay SJU’s Day of Giving. Join me in making a gift to _________at @saintjosephs on (or before) March 19 to support our Hawk roots! #StJoesGives

Today is #SaintJosephsDay SJU’s Day of Giving and I’m supporting @SaintJosephs. Join me in empowering our Hawks to be their best. #StJoesGives sjday.sju.edu (use personal URL if applicable)

Things I love: @saintjosephs, the Hawks, crimson & gray … you get the idea. That’s why I’m choosing to give my class year #SaintJosephsDay SJU’s Day of Giving to support the school that’s given me so much. Join me!#StJoesGives sjday.sju.edu (use personal URL if applicable)

When it comes to supporting our Hawks, I’m all in. Today is #SaintJosephsDay SJU’s Day of Giving at @saintjosephs, and I gave my class year to ensure our Hawks have the same opportunities I had and more. Join me in support! #StJoesGives Sjday.sju.edu (use personal URL if applicable)

Please feel free to personalize further and add the Saint Joseph's Day graphics.

Hi ___________!

Did you know that March 19th/ today is Saint Joseph’s Day - Day of Giving on Hawk Hill? That means all Hawks are coming together to give back to the University that gave us so much and pay it forward for students following in our footsteps.

You can designate your gift to a variety of challenges that support specific programs and services at St. Joe’s so you know how your donation is making an impact. Or, you can just make a general contribution to be involved in the day! Your gift counts, no matter the size -- what’s important is that we’re all coming together as one community.

I hope you’ll join me on our day of giving and support _______________, even a small gift makes a huge impact for students -- you can make your gift here. (use challenge link or personal url if applicable)

Thanks for your generosity today!

THWND,
(Your Name)

Specific Challenges Suggested Messages

For #SaintJosephsDay SJU’s Day of Giving join the Class of 2021 Senior Gift team and support the Student in Need Fund Challenge - providing textbooks and other educational supplies through grants. A monthly will go a long way. Join me #StJoesGives sjday.sju.edu/studentinneed

A monthly gift of $10 (same as your streaming account) to the Student in Need Fund means $120 for textbooks and educational supplies for Hawks this year and years to come! Join me for #SaintJosephsDay today! #StJoesGives

If you know me, you know my team is the SJU Hawks. This #SaintJosephsDay - SJU’s Day of Giving, I challenge you to join me in supporting student-athletes on and off the field! The varsity team with most donors gets bonus $$ #StJoesGives sjday.sju.edu/athletics - 

If you bleed crimson & gray, show your support this #SaintJosephsDay - SJU’s Day of Giving and make a gift! I’m supporting Team X at SJU – what team will you support? Consider giving $20.21 to celebrate the Class of 2021#StJoesGives  sjday.sju.edu/athletics

Join me in supporting one of the DEI Challenges by Embracing Diversity, Celebrating the Whole Person through scholarships and programming growth. Every $200 means funding for diverse Hawks! #StJoesGives sjday.sju.edu/DEI

Join me in Embracing Diversity and Celebrating the Whole Person for #SaintJosephsDay - SJU’s Day of Giving.  I’m giving today because fellow alumnus Reese Blair ‘98 will match my gift to ensure that programming like the Annual Diversity and Inclusion Lecture Series, the Annual Faculty Signature Lecture Series, and Annual Day of Dialogue Program to promote diversity on Hawk Hill. #StJoesGives sjday.sju.edu/DEI

After holding a virtual camp in 2020 to safely support clients through the pandemic, the Kinney Center is excited to return to on-ground programming in the Summer of 2021. Join me on #SaintJosephsDay -SJU’s Day of Giving by helping Kinney return to normalcy and access to a summer of fun and growth for campers with financial need#StJoesGives sjday.sju.edu/kinney

Calling all DC/NY Hawks!! #SaintJosephsDay -SJU’s Day of Giving is here and YOUR support will provide the SJU experience to more students from the DC/NYC area. Show what region outside Hawk Hill loves SJU more #StJoesGives sjday.sju.edu/DCvsNYC

Nearly half of American families are affected by the disease of addiction. This #SaintJosephsDay - SJU’s Day of Giving - your gift to the Center for Addiction and Recovery Education, you'll stand in solidarity with those who live with this illness, as well as their loved ones. Our impact grows with our outreach; even a small commitment to our work allows us to spread our valuable message - make your gift today #StJoesGives sjday.sju.edu/CARE

Do you have a professor on Hawk Hill who made a lasting impression on you?  Through proceeds from the David H. Burton History Fund, SJU has been able to bring various history postdoctoral scholars like current fellow, Dr. Julia Mansfield from Stanford University, who specializes in the history of infectious diseases to campus. Consider supporting the David H. Burton Fund and our very own SJU History Professor, Dr. Randall Miller, will match all gifts made!  #StJoesGives sjday.sju.edu/Burton

Zoom Background

sjday-2021-zoom-background

Make a Recurring Gift, Get SJU Stickers

sju-istickers

We created these stickers to add some serious St. Joe's pride to your texts — you can use them to amp up your fellow Hawks on game day or in your family group texts!

You can send these stickers as standalone messages or drag them onto photos and messages in your thread.

You can get this app for FREE by making a recurring gift this Saint Joseph’s Day.

Once you’ve downloaded the app, text out your pride with our “I GAVE” sticker and encourage your family and friends to do the same. It’s one day and we’re one community. Let’s do this together! 

#StJoesGives

Check out what’s happening on social to keep up with fellow Hawks and who’s taking on our giving day challenges.