Effective August 27, 2016 we are pleased to announce the following campus transportation initiatives:
SHUTTLE TRANSPORTATION SERVICE
Saint Joseph’s University has partnered with Easton Coach Company and Suburban Transit Network, Inc. (Transnet) to provide our shuttle transportation service. The shuttle buses are the same. You’ll recognize many of the same drivers and the routes have not changed. SJU joins these long established transportation companies with the goal of providing superior and efficient shuttle service on the East and West campus loops.
Please note a few changes to the shuttle service:
- Shuttle bus service new phone number: 610-660-A-BUS (2287)
- Mobile tracking app: We will now use Ride Systems to track our shuttle system (the TransLoc app is discontinued).
The Ride Systems app provides live location of shuttle buses, arrival predictions, and other important shuttle route information. The app is available for both iOS and Android platforms. The app can be downloaded either through the appropriate app store or by scanning the QR code below. Once downloaded, search for the “St. Josephs” agency. Shuttle schedules and general information may also be found on the Office of Public Safety and Security website
Fall 2020 Transportation Updates:
The health and safety of our students and employees is our top priority. The following measures have been put in place to accomplish this goal:
- Vehicle capacity restrictions for Public Safety escort vehicles, Student Life fleet vehicles and all Shuttle buses to equal a reduction of 50% of vehicle capacity to promote safety through distancing.
- A requirement that vehicle operators ensure that cleaning of the interior spaces of vehicles, with an approved cleaning solution for example Virex spray.
- Vehicle Operators are responsible to ensure compliance with the policy that all passengers are required to wear face covering while riding in vehicles. Passengers are responsible to supply their own face coverings.
Shuttle Services for the 2020-2021 academic year will resume on Monday, August 17, 2020. Please note that with the additional safety measures being put in place, students should expect delays and may experience longer wait times than normal for shuttle and escort services. Please allow ample time when traveling on the shuttle and seek alternate transportation options when possible.
Both shuttles will run continuous routes. Please utilize the Ride Systems App for shuttle location services.
The WEST shuttle runs continuous loops between Main Campus and Merion Gardens during the following hours:
- Shuttle 1: 7:00am – 3:00pm
- Shuttle 2: 8:00am – 10:30pm
- Shuttle 1: 7:00am – 3:00pm
- Shuttle 2: 8:00am – 1:30am
- Mandeville Hall
- Cardinal Avenue Entrance Gate
- Merion Gardens
- Overbrook and City (Septa Stop)
- Cardinal Avenue (Septa Stop)
The EAST shuttle runs continuous loops between Main Campus and the Presidential City Apartments (3900 City Avenue) during the following hours:
*Please note that there is a stopage in service from 10:20am-1:20pm, Monday-Friday and from 1:20pm-3:20pm on Saturday and Sunday
- Monday-Thursday – 7:20am – 10:20am and 1:20pm – 10:20pm
- Friday – 7:20am – 10:20am and 1:20pm – 1:20am
- Saturday – 10:20am – 1:20pm and 3:20pm – 1:20am
- Sunday 10:20am – 1:20pm and 3:20pm – 10:20pm
- Mandeville Hall
- 50th and City Avenue
- 47th & City Avenue (City Ave North of 47th Street)
- Target Shopping Center (City Ave North of Monument)
- Presidential/Lincoln Green (Stop is at Lincoln Green)
- Bala Shopping Center (City Ave South of 47th Street)
- Bala Ave & City Avenue
Students traveling from West Campus to locations east of campus and students traveling from East Campus to locations west of campus should transfer at Mandeville Hall. Factors such as traffic, weather, and new safety protocols may adversely impact the time in route. Students should allow sufficient time to get to class and be mindful of seating capacity limitations on the shuttle.
SECURITY ESCORT SERVICE
Security escort service phone number: 610-660-1010
The Security Escort Service has not changed but in order to better serve all students, the following guidance is in place and will be followed:
Note: If you are disabled, injured or on crutches please contact Chris Mecke at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 610-660-1774 to be added to the Special Transportation List.
The escort service is intended to supplement our shuttle transportation service. Walking escorts will be provided on the main campus. This includes to and from shuttle stops. The purpose of the vehicle escort service is to safely transport students to and from the main campus to residences within the escort service area (see map below). The escort service is not intended to serve as a taxi service. Vehicle escorts will be provided (within the service area) to student residences not serviced by the shuttle and student residences on the shuttle schedule during the period when the shuttle does not operate. We do not provide transportation to locations outside the service area, such as Center City Philadelphia, Roxborough, Manayunk, Lower Merion, Philadelphia International Airport, 30th Street Train Station. The escort service will not transport students from one off-campus location to another off-campus location. Escorts will be provided to and from the Overbrook Train Station when the trains are in service and the shuttle bus is not in service.
Please note that with the additional safety measures being put in place, students should expect delays and may experience longer wait times than normal for escort services. Please allow ample time when traveling on the shuttle and seek alternate transportation options when possible.
The escort service is for safety and not convenience.
Please contact the Office of Public Safety and Security at 610-660-1111 with any questions.