Remember: you can become the victim of a crime at any time. Always be alert to your surroundings. Do not walk alone after dark! Call for an escort at 610-660-1111 or just dial extension 1111 from any university phone. Never get into a vehicle! The safest action to take is to run and holler to attract attention. Notify the police and SJU security as soon as possible.
Personal Safety Tips
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Do not leave your books, purse or bag unattended.
- Immediately report any suspicious persons to Security.
- Avoid isolated areas when studying or doing research.
- Don’t leave anything in plain sight inside your vehicle. Lock everything in the trunk.
- Call for an escort.
- Don’t leave doors unlocked and don’t prop doors open.
- Don’t walk alone at night.
- Don’t be vulnerable, appear confident.
- Stick to well-traveled, well-lit streets.
- Never get into a car.
- If you become a victim, don’t resist, comply then run and attract attention.
- Never give your name or address to strangers.
- If you attend a party go with friends you trust, tell them to never leave you alone and don’t be afraid to make a scene.