O’Pake Recreation Center
The O’Pake Recreation Center serves as the central hub of fitness and recreation for the SJU community.
- Strength center (free weights, selectorized machines and accessories)
- Cardio center (treadmills, cross trainers, bikes, and rowers)
- Functional training equipment: kettlebells, battle ropes and resistance bands, dumbbells, slam balls courtesy of Kettlebell Kings & Living.Fit.
- Group exercise room
- Two indoor basketball courts
- Six-lane 25 yard pool
- Locker rooms
Maguire Tennis Courts
- 6 courts
- Available for use by SJU students and employees
- Courts open dawn to dusk
- Unavailable during varsity competition
Merion Hall- Esports Lab
- 24 High-End, Fastest-Available Gaming Stations. Powered by the Intel Core i9-9900K CPUs and nVidia RTX 2080 GPUs.
- Equipped with a 24” ViewSonic 1920x1080 gaming monitor with a 144Hz refresh rate and Logitech accessories.
- Stations are arranged in clusters of six to enhance team play.
- 1 Coaching Station connected to a ViewSonic 65” interactive display for teams to review, interact, and annotate over top of gameplay footage.
- Dimmable LED lighting.
- Sound panels and carpeted floors to lessen audio reverberation for concentration.
- Highly ergonomic chairs enabling hours of competition.
- Eight lane 25-meter pool (closed Summer 2021)
- Racquetball Court (closed Summer 2021)
- Locker rooms (closed Summer 2021)