Understand the LSAT
Spring 2021 LSAT Preparation Awards
This spring there will be 25, $400 SJU Law Alumni Endowment awards for students and alumni who are preparing to take the LSAT during spring/summer 2021.
Award winners will need to:
- Be among the first 25 students/alumni to register for the award.
- Register for a course to be completed by May 7th, 2021 and provide confirmation of course registration and course provider information.
- Provide diagnostic, mid-point, and final test scores to the pre-law advisor.
The $400 will be provided to the awardee after course completion. If you have financial need that may require receiving your award earlier OR you need full coverage, please contact one of the pre-law advisors for a private consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How will I know if I am within the first 25 students/alumni to register? You will receive an email from the pre-law advising program to let you know that you are registered and have qualified.
- What if I am not within the first 25? You will be notified that you are on the waitlist and what number you are on the waitlist. If someone within the first 25 fails to meet the qualifications which then allows you to qualify, you will be notified by email.
- I can't afford to pay for a full course upfront. What should I do? Many test prep companies offer an option for payment plans as well as financial support. Explore your options and please contact the pre-law advisors to confidentially discuss your options for needs-based awards.
- I don't want to take a full class, but I would like to work with a tutor. Can I still qualify? Please contact the pre-law advisors if you would like to explore this option. For example, we fully support Khan Academy with spot tutoring as necessary.
- What test provider should I use? This is up to you! Each provider offers something unique, so you will want to take time to explore all of your options. Take note that may test providers will offer discounts for their classes that you can (and should) take advantage of. If you see no discounts offered, consider reaching out to see if they offer any. Some test providers that students have used in the past include:
- When do I submit receipts and what is the process? Is is the responsibility of the awardee to communicate the three test scores to the pre-law advisors. You will receive two communications throughout the spring semester to check in.
- How soon after course completion will I receive my award? If all your documentation is complete and you choose direct deposit, it will take about a week. If a check needs to be cut, it may take up to three weeks.
- If I am on the waitlist, when will I know if a spot has opened up? How will I be notified? Placement on the waitlist will be evaluated on an ongoing basis due to the fact that courses will be on different timelines. The latest you will know is May 8th, 2021.
- If I am on the waitlist, what do I need to do? Please keep a copy of your course confirmation along with the diagnostic, midpoint, and final test scores to be provided if you are removed from the waitlist and qualify for an award.
Questions? Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.