One Campus. Countless Stories. That's Living Greater.

Tom Finnegan is smiling in front of a white background in a suit. The entire photo is in black and white.

Tom Finnegan '16

Majors:

Finance, Risk Management and Insurance

I got a job!

Position:

Associate

Company:

CBRE

A Valuable Internship That Led to a Job Offer

“As an intern for the Net Lease Property Group at CBRE, I was responsible for supporting the team’s brokers, researching properties to grow the team database, finding leads and making field calls to property owners and brokers to verify property information. After roughly six months, I was asked to join the CBRE and the Net Lease Property Group as an associate. In this role, my responsibilities continue to include supporting other brokers on the team but have additionally grown to making sales calls, acquiring listings and growing my book of business.”

How Did SJU’s Real Estate Society and Real Estate & Construction Alumni Chapter Help You Achieve Your Professional Goals?

“The SJU Real Estate and Construction Alumni Chapter provided me with great connections to active players in the industry, and gave me the opportunity to grow my network through the many events it hosts each year. These events provide students and alumni with an opportunity to network and participate in discussions about what is happening in the real estate industry.”