One Campus. Countless Stories. That's Living Greater.

Suzanne Cotter is smiling with one hand on her hip in front of a black background. She is wearing a black dress.

Suzanne Cotter '12

Grad Degree:

Writing Studies M.A.

Career Advancement

Position:

Director of Marketing & Communications

Company/Organization:

Think Company

How did your SJU education impact your career?

"I use the things that I learned at Saint Joe's every day at my job, and at every job I've had since graduation. Learning how to be persuasive in the workplace and tell good stories - to be a leader and have influence, you need to use those skills." Suzanne says the education she received at SJU helped her develop into a strategist and developed the critical thinking skills she uses on a regular basis.

Briefly describe your role.

"I oversee blogs, social media, relationships with the media, email, events, anything that has a public touch-point."

How the Writing Studies program offered a unique fit.

When looking for a graduate program, Suzanne found options for corporate communications and MFAs for creative writing, but wanted something that combined professional and creative skills. That's when she found SJU's writing studies program. "Saint Joe's was the only program that offered the flexibility I was looking for," she says, adding that she learned from professors who were experts in all types of writing.