From undergrads to alumni, the success stories are endless.

Spencer Russo

Spencer Russo '19

Major(s):

Finance

Minor(s):

Real Estate Finance

I got a job!

Position:

Project Coordinator

Company/Organization:

JLL Philadelphia

What was your role at the company? What were your responsibilities, day-to-day assignments?

"I was just recently hired as a Project Coordinator at JLL in August of 2019. I work on the PDS (Project and Development Services) Team in Brooklyn on a retail banking account. My day-to-day responsibilities include working with vendors and general contractors, my project managers, supporting financials, and ultimately managing the development process of new retail banking locations in the Northeast."

"How did you obtain your internship position? Did the SJU RE&C Alumni Board / SJU Real Society help you?

"I obtained my full-time position by networking with individuals in the real estate industry, specifically those who worked on the PDS team at various offices across the country. I had been actively searching for full-time positions in the development realm, specifically developers who specialized in multifamily apartment and condo development. Throughout my job hunt, I did a lot of research into JLL and instantly became interested in their PDS Team. After speaking with a few individuals from this team, I knew I wanted to work in their project management-oriented business."

How did the SJU RE&C Alumni Board / SJU RE Society help and prepare you for success in the position?

"I would like to thank the generous individuals apart of the SJU RE&C Alumni Board who took the time to come and visit SJU in order to speak to students who are particularly intrigued by the commercial real estate industry. Upon joining the SJU RE Society, I met Pete Davisson at one of the first guest speaker events I had attended. I quickly found that he not only had a deep passion for the industry, but he also cared immensely about mentoring SJU students who took great interest in commercial real estate. In the conversations that I had with him, Pete gave a thoughtful insight on what it would take to be a successful player in real estate. I also extend my gratitude to other the many other guest speakers I had the pleasure of connecting with during my time at SJU."

Did the company offer you a full-time position post graduation? What are your future plans?

"I was offered a full-time position at the end of August of 2019. I plan to continue working for JLL where I can build and foster relationships with industry leaders, as well as broaden my understanding of this dynamic industry. I look forward to a great career at JLL."