From undergrads to alumni, the success stories are endless.

Paulina Syracuse is smiling in the Barbelin courtyard in a blue dress.

Paulina Syracuse '18

Major:
Psychology

Internship Title:
Intern

Internship Organization:
Family Intervention Services

Tell us a little bit about your internship position:

"I supervised court-ordered visits for children and parents or guardians who had been separated and provided necessary transportation to and from the office for any member of the visit that did not have a way of transportation. Along with interacting with families, I also became familiar with the database that was used to upload any information regarding a particular family's case."

How did you land your current position?

"The Psychology Department holds an internship information session at which students who have already completed an internship talk about their experience. It was at one of these sessions that I heard of Family Intervention Services from another student prompting me to contact FIS and inquire about how I can get involved."

What is some advice that you would give to students who are currently searching for internships/who are about to do their first internship?

"Utilize the networks you have and the alumni or older students who have already completed internships. It is very likely that they will be able to provide you with an organization, company, center, etc. that is not only willing to accept undergraduate interns but also will provide a meaningful learning experience."