From undergrads to alumni, the success stories are endless.

Paige Norris is smiling in front of wooden panels. She has curly hair, and is wearing a red sweater with a black and white shirt.

Paige Norris

2017

Major:
Finance

Minor:
Business Intelligence and Analytics

Internship/Job Position:
Internal Audit and Financial Advisory Consultant

Internship/Job Company:
Protiviti

Tell us a little bit about your internship position:

I worked for 4 clients in different industries including a REIT, corporate bank, and a holding company. I did internal auditing and financial advisory for three of the companies and was given the opportunity to try IT auditing for the 4th company.

How did you land your current position?

Dr. Mendoza (from the DSS department) had an SJU grad and IT Auditor from Protiviti come and speak during one of the classes I was taking with him. I'd never heard of IT auditing before but after hearing her speak was interested in learning more. I followed up with them at the career fair two days later and put my application in the same day.

What is some advice that you would give to students who are currently searching for internships/who are about to do their first internship?

Make the most of the resources you have. Professors have a wealth of knowledge and are eager to share it with you so don't be afraid to reach out to them. They often know people in the industry and at the very least can give you some direction. Networking is key when it comes to obtaining internships or jobs so don't be afraid to utilize a friend or parent if they can introduce you to someone in an industry or at a company that you're interested in.