From undergrads to alumni, the success stories are endless.

Nicole Capuano is leaning to the right, smiling with her arms crossed. She is wearing a teal cardigan with a white blouse and silver necklace in front of a grey background.

Nicole Capuano

2018

Major(s):
Accounting and Spanish

Internship/Job Position:
Assurance Intern

Internship/Job Company:
PricewaterhouseCoopers

Tell us a little bit about your internship position:

As an assurance intern, my job was to assist my engagement team in the audit of our client. The main goal of an audit team is to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the financial statements for external investor purposes. Some specific roles I played in this process were tracing numbers from the client's Invoices and Sales Orders to specific revenue tests as well as tying out figures presented in the 10K draft to specific audit procedures that my engagement team had performed.

How did you land your current position?

The Career Development Center made several presentations in my accounting courses as a sophomore, giving us information on applying and interviewing for Leadership Programs with the Big 4 Accounting firms. These programs were essentially a 2-3 day experience where we had the opportunity to learn more about the firm, its culture and its people. After interviewing and attending these programs, I was extended an offer to intern at the PwC Philly office this past winter.

What is some advice that you would give to students who are currently searching for internships/who are about to do their first internship?

If you want an internship - use your resources on campus! Both internships I've had while in school have come from the Career Development Center, whether it was attending the Career Fair or attending presentations from a CDC representative in my courses. If you see an opportunity on campus to explore a potential career path, take it! You never know if it could end up sparking an interest.