From undergrads to alumni, the success stories are endless.

A young man with dark hair and a goatee smiles in front of a SEPTA bus and wears a white Saint Joseph's t-shirt and a grey backpack.

Markcus Lee '20

Major(s):

Biology

Minor(s):

Behavioral Neuroscience, Spanish

Hometown:

Elkins Park, Pennsylvania

Biology major Markcus Lee '20 has found his love of developmental biology.

"My favorite class so far has been Dr. Grogan's Developmental Biology course. Not only was the course material fascinating, but Dr. Grogan taught me how to learn, and those strategies have carried into the rest of my classes. With only seven other students in the class, she offered incredible mentorship and showed that she really cares for her students' success."

Welcoming new and potential Hawks to Saint Joseph's campus.

Markcus is determined to make every student feel the same way he felt at home when he first stepped foot onto campus — welcomed. "I just spent my first summer working as a Hawk Host, a student tour guide," he says. Markcus is also involved in Ropes, a student club designed to acclimate new students to college life. "I can't wait to spend my next two years showing families what SJU is really like."

New to the Philadelphia area? Marckus recommends his favorite reading spot in Center City.

"My hometown is only 30 minutes north of Philadelphia, so I've spent my entire life here. My favorite place in Center City is the Schuylkill River Park, where Locust Street meets the River in front of the Locus Point condos. I wish I could study there every day!"