From undergrads to alumni, the success stories are endless.

Lauren Pugh is smiling in front of a beige background. She has long, straight hair and is wearing a white cardigan with a dark top.

Lauren Pugh '17

Major:
Political Science 

Minor:
Justice and Ethics in the Law

Internship Title:
Constituent Service Intern

Internship Company:
Senator Robert P. Casey Jr.'s Philadelphia Office

Tell us a little bit about your internship position:

"I assisted the Senator's staff by drafting grant support letters for PA-based agencies requesting federal money, monitoring Twitter, newspapers, and magazines for news trends, and drafting detailed memos for the Senator’s roundtable events. Additionally, I directly interacted with the Senator's constituents by answering their phone calls and responding to their inquires."

How did you land your current position?

"The Saint Joseph's University Philadelphia Area Internship Facebook page posted an announcement that Bob Casey's Philadelphia office was looking for Spring interns for the 2016 semester. Therefore, I followed up with the office and was given an interview. Soon after the interview, I was notified that I was selected for the position."

What is some advice that you would give to students who are currently searching for internships/who are about to do their first internship?

"For students searching for internships, I would encourage you to keep an open mind. Because internships are a learning experience, it is important to step out of your comfort zone and try something that may challenge you. Only through challenges can one truly flourish."