One Campus. Countless Stories. That's Living Greater.

Kevin Furlong

Kevin Furlong '19

Business Intelligence and Analytics, Finance

Market Research Analyst Intern

Rittenhouse Realty Advisors and Rittenhouse Capital Advisors; Keystone Appraisal Company

The Value of An Internship

“As a market research analyst intern for Rittenhouse Realty Advisors and Rittenhouse Capital Advisors, I worked on projects that involved underwriting, researching sales comps and conducting rent surveys. For RCA, I used the company’s Bloomberg Terminal to find leads and track down contact information for our debt placement operation.”

How did SJU’s Real Estate Society and Real Estate & Construction Alumni Chapter Help You Achieve Your Professional Goals?

“Attending SJU Real Estate Society and Real Estate and Construction Alumni Chapter events has provided me with crucial industry knowledge, and given me the opportunity to meet SJU alumni at the top of their fields and and eager to help students in their exploration of real estate.  I actually met my current boss, Corey Lonberger, at one of these events."

Finding Opportunity Through Alumni Networking

“A huge factor in my success at Rittenhouse was my previous internship at Keystone Appraisal Company. I was connected with this opportunity through RE&C Alumni Chapter advisory board member Kathie Carr. At Keystone Appraisal Company, I gained exposure to the various databases and other resources used by CRE professionals in the Philadelphia area. My experience there helped me hit the ground running at RRA/RCA.”

How Did Your Internship Experience Change Your Career Outlook?

“I am working part time for RRA during the school year and am excited about the opportunity to continue learning from the firm’s excellent team of analysts and brokers. My goal is to keep learning as much as I can about commercial real estate while I’m on Hawk Hill and then work in the industry full time after graduating in 2019.”