From undergrads to alumni, the success stories are endless.

Kellie Barnes

Kellie Barnes '18

Major:

Sports Marketing

Career Advancement

Position:

Sales Associate

Company/Organization:

Harris Blitzer Sports and Entertainment, New Jersey Devils and Philadelphia 76ers

Briefly describe your role.

"As the Ticket Sales Coordinator, I work closely with the Senior Vice President of Sales to help achieve our sales initiatives! A typical day for me is planning and executing ticket packages, redemption and theme nights, and assisting Sales Representatives with their needs such as client activation  in-game. I also work all Flyers home games!"

How did your SJU education impact your professional goals?

"My Saint Joseph's University education taught me how to work hard, be professional, and go above and beyond what is expected of me. Throughout college, I was involved in multiple activities which helped me learn the organization and time management skills required to be successful in my current job. My advice for SJU students would be to try to gain as many internships and networking opportunities as possible.  It is never too early to start gaining valuable hands-on experience that will help launch your career!"

Did you participate in any experiential learning activities while at SJU?

"I did 5 internships at SJU. I did 3 with the Philadelphia Flyers and 2 with Spectra by Comcast Spectacor. I also was captain of the cheerleading team and president of the sports marketing club."