From undergrads to alumni, the success stories are endless.

Katarina Weber is smiling in her graduation gown and cap in front of the Cardinal Foley Center. She is wearing a red Alpha Phi graduation stole.

Katarina Weber '17

Major:

Communication Studies

Minor:

English

I got a job!

Position:

Account Coordinator

Company/Organization:

Gregory FCA

Please briefly describe your role.

"I work with a team in the financial services department to support my clients' products and services by earning them recognition in the media and positioning them as thought-leaders within their space."

How did you first learn about this opportunity?

"I learned about Gregory FCA through LinkedIn and then was offered the opportunity to intern with them during the spring semester of my senior year. This internship was a little different than most as it was considered a 90 day trial period. Following this trial period, I was offered a full-time position after graduating from SJU in May."

How did your SJU education impact your professional goals?

"Communication Studies is a broad major which gave me the ability to experiment with a wide range of courses until I found what specific area of communications I was most interested in and that best suited my skill set. I was then able to take other relevant courses that were tailored to this niche."

Did you participate in any experiential learning opportunities while at SJU?

"I participated in three internships throughout my four years at SJU. I interned during the summer of my junior year and both semesters of my senior year. I highly recommend internships to any SJU student as they most adequately prepare you for life post-graduation. They also let you test possible career options and help build an impressive resume."