One Campus. Countless Stories. That's Living Greater.

Joseph Wutkowski is smiling in front of barbell in a light grey suit and pale green tie.

Joseph Wutkowski '16

Majors:

Finance, Risk Management and Insurance

Career Advancement

Position:

Analyst

Company/Organization:

Eastdil Secured

The Start of a Successful Career in Real Estate

“As an analyst with Eastdil Secured, I am primarily focused on investment sales, as well as equity and debt placements. My responsibilities as an analyst include underwriting properties across different asset classes, including office, lab, industrial, hotel and multifamily."

What Responsibilities Do You Have in this Position?

“My job is to perform financial analysis utilizing ARGUS software and Microsoft Excel to understand the cash flows an asset produces and how the tenants in the building, as well as the physical characteristics of the asset, impact the sale value.   Additionally, I must understand the moving parts of the Greater Boston real estate market to keep track of sale comparables, recent leasing comparables, which tenants are moving into and out of Boston and future development projects shaping the Boston.”

How Did SJU’s Real Estate Society and Real Estate & Construction Alumni Chapter Help You Achieve Your Professional Goals?

“The SJU Real Estate and Construction advisory board provided tremendous help, guidance and mentorship during my job search. The alumni set me up with informational interviews with local REITS, developers, investors and brokers so I can best understand which avenue of real estate I wanted to purse. Additionally, the SJU RE Society aided me in providing weekly updates on job postings and networking events I could attend to meet more industry professionals.”