From undergrads to alumni, the success stories are endless.

Jackie Pignataro is smiling in front of a grey background. She has shoulder-length hair and is wearing a teal blazer with a white top.

Jackie Pignataro '17

Majors:
Food Marketing and Leadership, Ethics, and Organizational Sustainability

Internship Title:
Procurement Agent Intern/Human Resource Intern

Internship Company:
Boeing/NBC

Tell us a little bit about your internship position:

"I interned with Boeing and NBCUniversal in two separate summer internship opportunities.

At Boeing I learned about procurement processes within the aerospace industry.

At NBCUniversal, I am gaining an understanding of the various responsibilities within human resources."

How did you land your roles?

"I attended a Boeing information session at SJU last spring and followed up immediately after with the speaker, as well as applying online.

I utilized the Career Development Center website to find the internship at NBCUniversal."

What is some advice that you would give to students who are currently searching for internships/who are about to do their first internship?

"Be open to different positions and industries. You will find yourself happily surprised in learning something completely new and unconventional in an industry that is indirectly linked to your major. I have found it extremely beneficial to ask questions and be hungry for knowledge. There is no such thing as a silly question.

Additionally, have confidence in yourself. Keep your values in mind and see how they align with the company you would like to build a career with."