One Campus. Countless Stories. That's Living Greater.

AJ Venditti is standing in front of a window overlooking various business offices on a sunny day. He is wearing a dark suit and tie.

A.J. Venditti '16

Major:

Finance

I got a job!

Position:

Investment Sales Broker

Company/Organization:

Marcus & Millichap

The Start of a Successful Career in Real Estate

“I am with Marcus & Millichap, transitioning out of their Sales Internship Program and into an investment sales agent position, an opportunity offered to less than five percent of incoming agents. As part of the National Net Leased Property Group, I advise industrial real estate investors in the acquisition & disposition of commercial properties throughout Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey.”

What Responsibilities Do You Have in this Position?

“When I started with the firm, my typical day consisted of maintaining, updating, and expanding my team’s database of industrial property owners, compiling weekly leasing and sales comparable reports for selected sub-markets, and attending daily agent training sessions. As my skillset progressed I took an active role in property underwriting and valuation by abstracting leases, organizing rent rolls, and calculating leveraged and unleveraged expected returns. Additionally, under the guidance of my regional manager and mentor, I created an achievable and comprehensive business plan for continued success into full-time brokerage. My day- to-day now consists of executing that business plan through business development calls and various email and traditional mailing campaigns to build relationships with owners of industrial real estate.”

How Did SJU’s Real Estate Society and Real Estate & Construction Alumni Chapter Help You Achieve Your Professional Goals?

“My first experience in commercial real estate was an internship with a commercial real estate investment firm the summer before my senior year. After that internship, I knew I was going to build my career in CRE, yet I was overwhelmed with the decision of which career path within the industry I wanted to pursue! Before classes even started, Cait English reached out to me via LinkedIn to introduce herself and the SJU Real Estate Society. To that, I owe my career. The benefits extracted from the society were immeasurable. Within six weeks of being back on campus, the SJU Real Estate Society afforded me the opportunity to go to various panel discussions and other workshops, which expanded my knowledge of different careers in the commercial real estate industry and exposed me to the SJU Real Estate and Construction Alumni Chapter.”