One Campus. Countless Stories. That's Living Greater.

Ellie Paparone

Ellie Paparone '14

Communication Studies

Communication Studies

I got a job!

Community Engagement Coordinator

Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation

Briefly describe your role with Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation.

"I'm a Community Engagement Coordinator at Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation. Specifically, I work with all the schools Pre-K to 8th grade and kids 14 and under who want to host an event for the organization. I help coach them through the event planning and fundraising process to make sure they have the best experience possible. Personally, my favorite part of my job is to hear the stories of schools and families having incredible experiences learning about giving back and helping others. Professionally, I love how flexible my job is, and how trusted I am to use my expertise and ideas to create and expand programming."

How did your SJU education impact your professional goals?

"Communications was the perfect major for me. I wasn't sure what exactly I wanted to do, but my classes taught me how to be a great 21st century employee, no matter what I pursued. I acquired both skills and knowledge to make me competitive in the current job market, as well as an ambitious employee. The broad range that my Communications classes covered helped me better understand not only what I was best at but, most importantly, what I liked best. This knowledge lead me to exactly where I am today and helps my work every day."