From undergrads to alumni, the success stories are endless.

Eleftherios Lazaridis is standing in front of a wall in a dark suit and black tie.

Eleftherios Lazaridis

2017

Major(s):
Computer Science and Business Intelligence and Analytics

Internship/Job Position:
Data Analyst

Internship/Job Company:
Independence Blue Cross

Tell us a little bit about your internship position:

1)Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques and providing ongoing reports

2)Developing and implementing databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality

3)Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases/data analysis systems

How did you land your current position?

I had the opportunity to meet the HR associates of IBC during a Job Fair held at SJU. Since then I stayed in touch with them and as I was getting closer to my graduation I reached out to them and I was given the opportunity to interview for a position.

What is some advice that you would give to students who are currently searching for internships/who are about to do their first internship?

The first thing I want to mention is that students should attend every single networking event the school is organizing. You never know who you are going to meet and what that person can do for you. Networking can lead to many great things in your career.

Secondly, students have to start looking for jobs early in advance. You cannot just wait to graduate and then look for a job. I believe you are wasting time.

Finally, students should apply to as many positions that they are interested in as possible even though to some they believe they may not qualify. You never know what the person hiring might be looking for. You might be the one.