One Campus. Countless Stories. That's Living Greater.

Kyla Murphy '18

Finance, International Business

I got a job!

Keystone Appraisal Company

The Value of an Internship

“My role at Keystone is defined as ‘intern,’ but as the days and weeks progress, I feel my role evolving. As my own knowledge and responsibilities at Keystone Appraisal Company expand, I am reminded of how fortunate I am to work at such a wonderful company. My daily responsibilities include property and market research, utilizing commercial real estate software, formatting reports and communicating with clients. My time with Keystone Appraisal Company began this past summer, and I have been fortunate enough to maintain my position through the rest of my senior year.”

How did the SJU Real Estate Society Impact Your Professional Goals?

“I was asked to join the SJU Real Estate Society during my sophomore year. I was a finance and international business double major looking to apply my newly developed skills, and was undecided about the direction I wanted to pursue. Luckily, I found the Real Estate Society and immersed myself into the group by attending meetings, networking events and property tours, and eventually found myself in the group’s leadership. The SJU RE Society events have furthered my knowledge of real estate beyond the classroom, and have helped me network with alumni.”

What is Most Valuable about Connecting with Members of the Real Estate & Construction Alumni Chapter?

“The guidance the alumni have provided regarding internship and job opportunities has been invaluable. Multiple alumni have shared their stories of how they got to where they are today, and they have helped me expand my network. The SJU Real Estate and Construction Alumni Chapter and the SJU Real Estate Society have had a direct impact on me obtaining my internship and lining me up for success at Keystone Appraisal Company.”

How Did Your Internship Experience Change Your Career Outlook?

“I hope to pursue a future in residential real estate. My time at Keystone Appraisal Company has opened my eyes to the endless possibilities in the real estate world.”