One Campus. Countless Stories. That's Living Greater.

Chris Savino '10

Chris Savino '10

New Career

Senior Financial Analyst

Major League Soccer (MLS)

Career Dreams Realized Thanks to An Internship

Originally from Green Township, NJ, Chris Savino '10 currently lives in New York City and works as a senior financial analyst for Major League Soccer (MLS). He is also an assistant soccer coach at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn and a volunteer with FC Harlem, a non-profit providing various soccer programs to local youth.

Prior to joining MLS, Chris earned his CPA and worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) in Philadelphia. "I began my career there through internships obtained from networking and active involvement on campus, which led to a full-time position after graduation. While with PwC, I had the opportunity to work on several projects with many Hawks of different class years."

Campus Involvements and Networks

Chris I was involved in many activities and organizations throughout the four years on Hawk Hill, including the Accounting Society, Business Leadership Council, Delta Sigma Pi, Men's Club Soccer, and STAR Scholars. Chris says he remains close to many of the Hawks he met through these organizations.

Why do you remain engaged with SJU as an alumnus?

"I am fortunate to serve on the National Alumni Board (NAB) and represent the New York City area. Within the NAB, I volunteer on the Careers Committee in an effort to connect undergraduate students with alumni as a part of their professional and career development. Through my own experience, I would not be where I am today if it were not for alumni investing their time and effort in me. It is something I am reminded of while observing fellow Hawks do the same for one another - and something I hope to do for future classes."