One Campus. Countless Stories. That's Living Greater.

Aly Homan '17

Alexandra Homan '17

Major(s):

Leadership, Ethics and Organizational Sustainability Major

I got a job!

Position:

Store Coordinator, Company Store Division

Company/Organization:

L'Oreal

A Focus on Sustainability

“My LEO classes opened my eyes to all the ways companies can be mindful and sustainable,” says Aly Homan '17. While at SJU, she interned with Campbell Soup on The Soulful Project, an initiative that donated food to local foodbanks when consumers purchase certain products, and worked on a capstone project to help the company become B-corps certified.  

Joining a Company with Strong Values

In 2017, L’Oreal was named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the eighth year in a row. “As I researched the company, I was excited to read about their ethical standards, which include making sure employees around the world benefit from the best social practices and efforts to make beauty products that work for people of all ethnicities.” She sought and was hired for an internship during the winter of her senior year, and in March accepted a full-time position beginning a week after graduation.

How Did Your SJU Education Impact Your Choice of Employer?

“I see the magis being carried out in their [L'Oreal's] business model. They are committed to challenging themselves to be innovative, while also inspiring the entire beauty industry to raise and redefine the standards to be more inclusive and more sustainable”