Getting Started in Canvas
Click to expand each section above and view all of the resources available.
What is Canvas?
Canvas is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) by Instructure. Canvas is a modern, easy-to-use, reliable and adaptable LMS that supports current and evolving teaching and learning needs. You can use Canvas to:
- organize your course using an integrated calendaring and syllabus system, content modules, and communication stream
- stimulate active learning, critical thinking, and reflection with discussion forums
- leverage built-in faculty and student audio and video recording functionality (in assignments, quizzes, discussions, web conferencing) to maximize interaction outside the classroom
- save time grading using SpeedGrader
- access your course using a mobile app (iPhone, iPad and Android devices)
- easily set up assessment tools that track, grade, and communicate student outcomes