In an effort to optimize the University’s event and room reservation process, we are pleased to announce a new online scheduling system, Infosilem’s EnCampus Enterprise. This new system will be rolled out to campus in June, 2017. The University will move from a distributed approach for room reservations to a more efficient, integrated request model. Starting in June, the campus community including students will be able to make room reservation requests for the fall 2017 semester using the new self-service portal.
The benefits of the EnCampus Enterprise room reservation solution include:
• Enhanced management of non-academic events and better use of available classroom and lab spaces;
• Ability to publish all on-campus academic and non-academic events for public viewing;
• Ability for the campus community to view room and event calendars, and to communicate room booking requests via a self-service portal;
• The ability to assess the layout and attributes of rooms prior to selecting an event location;
• Enhanced access to available space for internal and external events by the campus community;
• Enhanced analytics regarding the utilization of University space.
Using EnCampus Enterprise, a requester will be able to access a self-service portal to find available rooms rather than calling ahead to check room availability. As mentioned above, requesters can assess location features and layout options of rooms prior to selecting a location. All requests will be managed in the order in which they are entered into the system. The implementation will start with rooms currently scheduled by the Office of the Registrar, Special Events, the Library, and Student Life with more departments to be added in the near future.
We ask for your support during this transition and we will keep everyone updated with the progress of this project as the go-live date gets closer.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Campus-Wide Scheduling Steering Committee
Paul Aspan, Associate Provost (Co-Chair)
Jim Brown, Sr Associate Athletic Director
Fran DiSanti, CIO (Co-Chair)
Arthur Grover, Director, Public Safety & Security
Tim McGuriman, Associate VP, Administrative Services
Mary-Elaine Perry, Assistant VP, Student Life
Scott Spencer, University Registrar