Dear New Hawks & Returning Hawks,
Welcome (back) to Hawk Hill for the 2018-2019 school year!
Move-in-weekend can be hectic so we want to help make your move-in experience go as smoothly as possible when it comes to getting your technology up and running.
Need help with your technology?
The Technology Service Center (TSC) is located in Science Center 129 and is your one-stop shop for all things tech-related at SJU. There are several ways to reach out to us for tech help:
- Phone: 610-660-2920 (x2920 from on campus)
- Web: sju.edu/it to submit a service request, search for answers, or chat with a technician
- Walk-in: Science Center 129
- Twitter @sjuit
- Instagram @SJU_IT
- Mobile Tent: Friday, August 24th: Villiger Hall, Saturday, August 25th: LaFarge & Quirk Hall, and Sunday, August 26th: Science Center
We have a new Learning Management System!
This year, we have released our new LMS, Canvas. All courses will be taught using Canvas. We have created a step-by-step guide to get you started with the new system. When logged into Canvas, you can get real-time assistance by clicking the Help icon on the left side of your screen. You can also visit our Knowledgebase where we have additional Canvas resources.
How do I connect my device to the wireless network?
On your computer and/or mobile device select sjuwireless from the list of available networks and enter your SJU username (example: ab123456) and password. More detailed instructions can be found here. Wireless is available from anywhere on campus.
Instructions for setting up your gaming system, Smart TV, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Firestick, or Chromecast can be found here.
*PLEASE NOTE: EACH DEVICE NEEDS ITS OWN PASSWORD
How do I get Microsoft Office on my computer?
Three easy steps:
- Go to portal.office.com
- Login with your SJU login username and SJU password
- Click Install Office apps
For more details on Office 365 please click here.
Where can I print on campus?
You can use either Mobile Print or a campus computer to print.
How to use Mobile Print:
- You may send an email containing the document as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive a reply email with a link to the mobileprint website.
- Click the link and login to mobileprint.
- Select your document and choose your preferred printer options.
- Select one of the printers, and print.
- Proceed to the printer that you selected and pick up your document.More detailed instructions can be found here.
How do I setup my TV and what channels are available to me?
You spoke and we listened! HBO, Cinemax, Logo, NBA TV have been added to your channel lineup. Some TVs require a bit of setup beyond just plugging it in and instructions can be found here.
This year, we’ve also introduced a new streaming service called Stream2. With Stream2 you can watch TV on your iPhone, iPad, Android phone, Android tablets and Amazon Fire TV. Set up your account, and begin watching TV today!
Where can I go for answers to other questions?
Our Knowledge Base has articles that answer a variety of questions that you may have concerning technology. If you need help connecting to the wireless, accessing The Nest, or need to know how to access your courses, you can visit our Knowledge Base and look to see step-by-step instructions on how to set things up.
I still need help.
If you’ve searched the knowledge base and still have questions or need help with something that’s broken, you can request assistance directly from IT by using our Service Catalog. To submit a request for assistance visit sju.edu/it. Once you’ve submitted the request, a technician will be in touch.
Last, but certainly, not least – SJU has an official Mobile App!
The SJU Mobile app can be downloaded at sju.edu/app and is available for Android or iOS.
What will I find in the app?
- My Academics – See your registered course information, weekly schedule and grades
- My Account – View your account information, balance, financial aid and any holds
- Athletics – Keep up to date with all Hawks news, schedules and scores
- Canvas – Full access to your Canvas courses
- Computer Labs – Check computer availability in campus computer labs
- Dining – Browse today’s cafe menu, or order directly from your phone
- Emergency – Access emergency contact information and file reports
- Events – Find out what’s happening on Hawk Hill
- Maps and Directions – Get walking directions from one point on campus to another
- Social – Follow several different University social media accounts in one place
- Transit – Track the University shuttles in real-time
We hope that you have a successful academic year!