A new Java-free version of Blackboard Collaborate is available Now. Classified as the “Ultra Experience,” this release of Bb Collaborate uses the web browser as the delivery format for virtual classrooms, meetings, and other engagement opportunities.
Bb Collaborate Ultra provides:
- A clutter-free, intuitive interface
- Crisp audio & hi-definition video
- Dynamic adjustments according to bandwidth and network access
- New roles:
- Captioner, which allows faculty to provide accessible alternatives to audio content for participants who are deaf and hard of hearing, as well as for participants whose native language is different from the moderator’s
- Participant, which allow students to present without giving them full moderator privileges
- A basic whiteboard
- Image, PDF, and PowerPoint sharing
- Desktop Sharing
- Breakout Rooms
- Polling Tool
- learn about how to use this new tool.
Contact the Technical Support Center to schedule a time to learn more about how to use this new tool.
See below for the differences the old version and Ultra.
Differences between Blackboard Collaborate Ultra and Collaborate Classic
|Bb Collaborate Classic||
Bb Collaborate Ultra