Welcome back to Hawk Hill for the 2016-2017 school year!
As you prepare to settle back onto campus there are a few technology things you should know to make your move in run smoothly. Move-in-Weekend is hectic so come prepared. If you need help with wireless or adding Office 365, or need to know how to set up wireless for gaming systems and Smart TV’s please read this article.
The TSC will be open during Move-In-Weekend from 9am-7pm on both Saturday and Sunday.
Here are some quick things that may help answer some questions you may have during move in weekend.
When connecting to the campus wireless (sjuwireless) click on the following link. When connecting to the campus wireless you will need both your student login (ab123456) and password. Once you connect to the wireless network you will have access to it from anywhere on campus. For the fastest speed it is best to connect an Ethernet cable while using it in dorm rooms.
If you have not yet downloaded Office 365 or wish to add another device click here. Every student has five downloads of Office 365. This allows you to have Office 365 on your laptop, desktop, and iPad if you wish. Once you login you will the pop-up shown below. Hit cancel.
When printing on campus you can use either Mobile Print, or printing from a campus computer.
Here is how to use Mobile Print
- Using your SJU email account, send an email containing the document as an attachment to email@example.com
- Go to the lab nearest to you and locate an open printer.
- Swipe your SJU ID card and select the document from the touchscreen and hit Print.
Mobile Print Locations
- DMZ (Digital Media Zone) – P1 which is located on the 2nd floor of the PLC
- Merion – P1 which is located in Merion Hall room 151 print center on Maguire campus
- Campion – P1 which is located in the Campion 3rd floor computer lab
- Perch – BW which is located in the Perch
- PLC (Post Learning Commons) – BW1, PLC-BW2 and PLC-BW3 which the black and white printers located in the PLC 1st floor computer lab
- PLC – Color1 which is the color printer located in the PLC first floor computer lab
- Drexel Library – BW which is located on the first floor of the Drexel Library
- PLC – Color2 which is the color printer located on the first floor of the Drexel Library
A great tool that is at the hands of both students and faculty is the Knowledge Base. The Knowledge Base is a website that has articles that answer a variety of questions that you may have concerning technology. If you need help connecting to WiFi or accessing The Nest, you can visit The Knowledge Base and look to see step by step instructions on how to set things up.
When the KnowledgeBase doesn’t help you entirely you can submit a ticket for the IT department to look at and give you further instructions for solving the problem. To submit a ticket, you can click on this link which will bring you to the Information Technology Support Portal. Once on the homepage click on the submit ticket button on the left hand side and you will be brought to a page where you can create your ticket. Once you have submitted your ticket IT will look at it and figure out the best course of action to take to help you solve your problem.
A new addition has been added this year to make setting up your gaming system, Smart TV, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Firestick, or Chromecast easier to set up. To add one of these to the wireless system click on the following link. This link will bring you to a page where you will be asked for your SJU username and password, then you will be brought to a page where you will be given the password for your device.
PLEASE NOTE: EACH DEVICE NEEDS ITS OWN PASSWORD
You will have to go through this process each time you want to add a device to the network. For example, if you have an Xbox, a Wii, and a Apple TV you will have to go through this process three times. The network that you will be adding your devices to is sjudpsk.
The TSC hopes that everyone has a smooth and successful academic year. If you need any help with setting up laptops, phones, gaming systems, or have any technology question please stop by or call. We are located in the Science Center 129. Calls can be made to (610)-660-2920.
Everyone here at the TSC hopes that you have a smooth and successful Move-In-Weekend. If you need any help with setting up laptops, phones, gaming systems, or have any technology question please stop by or call. We are located in the Science Center 129. Calls can be made to (610)-660-2920.