Share With Care
- What you post can last a lifetime: Before posting online think about how it might be perceived now and in the future and who might see it.
- Own your online presence: Set the privacy and security settings on web services and devices to your comfort level for information sharing. It’s ok to limit how and with whom you share information.
- Be aware of what’s being shared: Be aware that when you share a post, picture or video online, you may also be revealing information about others. Be thoughtful when and how you share information about others.
- Post only about others as you have them post about you: The golden rule applies online as well.
Personal Information Is Like Money. Value It. Protect It.
- Think before you act: Be wary of communications that implore you to act immediately, offer something that sounds too good to be true or ask for personal information.
- Get two steps ahead: Switch on two-step verification or multi-factor authentication wherever offered to prevent unauthorized access.
– See more at: https://staysafeonline.org/data-privacy-day/privacy-tips/#sthash.cSbDB6eO.dpuf