Under the Employee Page in The Nest, you will find an enhanced portlet called “Useful Links and Tools”. This portlet is great news for users of the following tools:
- INB is short for “Internet Native Banner” and refers to the back-end of Banner that is most widely used by administrative staff to manage their data. Offices such as Financial Affairs, Development, and Enrollment Management, just to name a few, have many staff members accessing Banner INB constantly to manage institutional data.
- The majority of faculty and staff do not access Banner INB, but use another form of Banner known as Self-Service Banner, or SSB. When you enter students’ final grades, perform a budget query, submit or approve leave reports, or check your pay stub, you are using SSB.
- Campus Pack is a suite of tools that enable online collaboration. Click the “Campus Pack” button to view resources or courses you are a member of a course in Campus Pack.
- Cognos is a query and reporting tool used to analyze Banner data. Cognos allows users to strategically determine the financial and business needs of SJU.
- Discoverer is an ad-hoc query, reporting, analysis, and web-publishing tool. All reports currently in Discoverer are being migrated to Cognos.
We hope you find this new portlet useful and welcome your feedback!