Saint Joseph’s University is proud to offer our students a fully functional Technology Service Center (TSC) where they can bring their laptops for diagnoses and repair.
The TSC also offers students information on everything from running virus scans to connecting your video game consoles to our network. The TSC is located in the Science Center, Room 129.
Summer 2015 availability below:
|Monday – Thursday||7:30am-7:00pm|
Information on connecting your laptop to the SJU wireless network.
Technology Service Center Policy Statements
We the Technology Service Center, in order to provide a more professional environment, augment customer satisfaction and abide by applicable software laws, do ordain and establish this listing of policy statements.
- The Technology Service Center provides computer technical support for all currently enrolled Saint Joseph’s University students.
- Copying, viewing, or otherwise commandeering of documents, pictures and all other non-essential files from a user’s computer is strictly prohibited.
- Unless ownership is proven, we will not attempt to or break a password on a computer.
- The Technology Service Center will not format or re-image any laptop program computer without confirmation from the owner.
- The Technology Service Center is not responsible for data lost during service it performs on your computer. Please back up your data before sending your PC/Mac to be serviced by the Technology Service Center. The Technology Service Center will provide advice on backup strategies and will publish recommendations for backing up your computer.
- The Technology Service Center will not install any unauthorized or unlicensed software. Any software install requests must be provided with CD’s, license codes and documentation.
- All drop-off computers will have a minimum one (1) day wait. We will notify the student when the computer is ready. In the event a computer is not ready after a day or it needs to be sent out for repair, the TSC will update the user on the status of the computer.
- The uses of the University network and/or any file sharing software (i.e. Limewire, eDonkey, Kazaa, iMesh, Gnotella, etc.) to share, transmit, or receive copyrighted materials is illegal and strictly prohibited. Failure to comply may result in loss of your network account, network access privileges and/or further disciplinary action. More information on our Usage Policy is located at http://www.sju.edu/int/resources/it/policies/usage.html
- The Technology Service Center will not distribute The Nest or any other network related password via telephone or in person. Users are to reset their password through nest.sju.edu.
- The Technology Service Center will not provide network support for non-residential students. (i.e. students residing in Lancaster Court, Drexel Apartments, Presidential Apartments, etc.)
- The Technology Service Center will not provide on site support for Saint Joseph’s University students. Students must bring their computer (Laptops or Desktops) to the Technology Service Center (Science Center 129) for service. We will provide on site support for network and phone jack problems.
- The Technology Service Center will not provide any technical support for wireless routers. Wireless routers are strictly prohibited in all network supported dorms.
- Only Technology Service Center employees are allowed in the Technology Service Center work area.