An update has been released for the Verizon iPhone 5 that resolves an issue where the iPhone would use cellular data while connected to a wireless network. This issue could have resulted in overage charges. To install the update to carrier settings, follow these steps:
- Tap Settings > General > About.
- Wait for the following alert to appear:
- Tap OK to install the update.
- Hold the Sleep/Wake button down until you see “slide to power off”.
- Slide to power off.
- After the device powers off, hold the Sleep/Wake button to turn your phone back on.
Note: To finish the installation of the update, your iPhone 5 must be turned off and then on again.
After your iPhone restarts, tap Settings > General > About, then scroll down to Carrier and verify that “Verizon 13.1” is displayed.